I know I’ve been going on and on in previous posts about being excited for warmer weather, because Kyle and I will experiencing the great Pacific Northwest spring and summer in our first home. But, one thing I have yet to mention, is that I am the newest board member for the Bremerton Farmers Market this summer! Woot!
My girlfriend, Sarah, has a coworker that is a board member, and she said they were looking for new board members that are interested in helping with the market this year. I decided to check out the meeting last month, and sure enough, it was just the right thing for me. I started thinking about it, and I’ve got lots of good reasons to be involved in the market. Lets break it down, list style:
- I worked at Café Destino years ago when the market first began
- I love local food and supporting our community
- Kyle and I just moved to Bremerton and we're excited to get involved in making it an even better place to live
- I got my degree in Advertising, let’s put it to use!
- Summer time + live music + good food + crafts + community = LOVE!
Photo via Bremerton Farmers Market
We’re still looking for people to get involved for special events, play live music and other activities. If you’re interested in volunteering your time and getting involved in the market, please reach out!
- You can “Like” the Bremerton Farmers Market on Facebook for updates
- Keep checking the market website for additional updates and applications to be a vendor
- Lastly, they will have a booth set-up at the Small Farms Expo tomorrow (Saturday, March 5th) - check it out! It's at the Bremer Center at Olympic College