Monday, March 28, 2011

Laundry Room Updates

I have had this project up my sleeves for some time, but have finally finished it up.  I have to admit, one of my faults is starting a project, and then getting excited about a different project, so that in the end I have a few projects all in the works at the same time.  I just can't help myself!

This was a really fun, personal project for me. I got a few window frames from the farm where my mom grew up in Poulsbo, and I decided to paint mine and add mirrors to the back of them.

Initally I decided to paint them blue, but I decided I actually didn't like the color at all after they were finished.  They looked too much like baby blue, something that would be more appropriate in a little boys room.



So, using some leftover paint from our big paint project (color: Martha Stewart SEAL ), I repainted them and I love the result.  We're slowly working on turning our laundry room into more of a mudroom, and I think it's a nice addition to have the mirrors right by the back door. I also just think the color looks great. 





In addition to the window frame projects, I also added a painting by my grandma, Patricia Farrer. I loved this painting that she did that was on display at her art studio, and she decided I should keep it.  Lucky me!




So, our laundry room / mudroom is slowly coming together. I think at some point I would like to paint one of the walls, but for now it feels much more cozy. Not only that, but it's another project to cross off our 2011 Winter Home Project List, got to love that! 

PSST!!  Want to see some other Window Frame project photos? Hop on over to Sarah's blog to check out what she found at the Port Orchard Antique Mall!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Love the window frame mirrors! I may need to try this! How did you attach the mirror? The last time I did a mirror project the glass store glued the piece for me...and it didn't last long. Wondering if you have any expert tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie! I will do a post this weekend with a photo tutorial. I found some clip-like fasteners I screwed into the back of the wood frame, which hold the mirror into place. More to come! Good to see you pop in! :)

    ReplyDelete