Sunday, November 27, 2011

Home Name Signs

I've always liked the look of a sign above the main entrance to a home. I especially love the one featured on Design Sponge's tour of EmersonMade's home, checkout the photo below.


I think what I like most is that this one is so simple - no image, no border, not funky font. I really like how simple this one is, and I love the dark background and lighter font.

A DIY spin on this idea would be to just paint the name on the wood instead of additionally engraving, but I really like the engraved + painted look. This is definitely something I will be looking for at future craft fairs!

I would love to hear if you have a name sign at your home or an opinion one way or the other. Perhaps you have a sign at your main door entrance or even at the entrance to your driveway? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I didn't know you had a blog! Very nice! I have been trying to think of a name for our house since we moved in... A friend in seattle has an old resaurant sign above her front porch, "Ali Baba". I love it.

    ReplyDelete