Monday, November 29, 2010

Bremerton Winterfest 2010

Hello Puget Sound friends!  Kyle and I have returned from a week long New York City adventure to celebrate Thanksgiving with family.  It was a wonderful trip, but we had our share of issues getting to the airport Monday night!  We spent a total of 8 hours on I-5 South, for only about 15miles between downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac. 

But, enough about that mess - now that Thanksgiving is over Kyle and I are fully ready to embrace the Christmas season.  I personally really love Thanksgiving, and like to take my time enjoying that holiday before moving onto Christmas for decorating, buying presents, listening to Christmas music, etc.  So, now that we're back home and we are almost into the month of December, we are fully ready to start our Christmas preparations and celebrations!

Being a new homeowner, we are very excited about our first Christmas in our new home.  Kyle and I have our beautiful Christmas wreath on our door, and we're looking forward to decorating the house and getting our Christmas tree this weekend.  But, even more exciting is that our community has some special events in store for us!

Bremerton's 12th Annual 2010 Winterfest will occur this Friday, December 3rd, with many businesses in Bremerton participating.  I am most excited for Harborside's Christmas Tree lighting, along with SANTA and the Bremerton High School Marching Band, at 5:30pm.  I graduated from Bremerton and was the Drill Team Captain, so I have a soft spot for marching bands!!  I am also intrigued by Magic in Manette, which will also have a tree lighting at 7pm and then have shopping and entertainment from 6-8:30pm, along with restaurants that will be open afterwards.

Check out this flyer for more information - hopefully we'll see you there!


P.S.  Since I am just now seeing the the Kitsap Sun Holiday Links after being out of town for several days (check out the links at the top of the website) I am seeing some additional very cool events!! How about the Holiday Pet Parade in Port Orchard, a map of Christmas Tree Farms (which will come in handy for us this weekend!) and a Christmas Lights Display Finder (one of my favorite past times at Christmas is driving around as a family to check out special lights on Bremerton homes!). Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. How is it that I lived in Bremerton for the first 4 years of the 15 that Winerfest has been going on, and I have never heard of it? Glad you both had a good time in NY!

    ReplyDelete