Monday, January 31, 2011

Bedroom Inspiration

I have been looking around the blog-o-sphere to get some ideas for our bedroom.  We have two windows so we get decent light, and our room is fairly simple with the bed, two nightstands, our two dressers and a chair. 

In terms of color combinations, I love the idea of keeping things pretty light and airy, so that it has a nice and relaxing vibe. We don't have a headboard, so I'm thinking I'll make one, or put a mirror or piece of art above the bed to kind of anchor the bed against the wall. Here are some of my inspiration rooms:


I like these neutral colors, but would like something with a bit more pattern on the bedspread.  I really like the mirror and table, and the dark grey bench at the foot of the bed.



I really like the mixture of colors here - the green walls, brown shades, wicker night stand, lavender bedspread and then the maps on the wall.  I like that these are softer colors, but not super-feminine.



I really like the colors in this room - it's light and relaxing. I like that the curtain pattern matches the blanket on the bed.  I love the light fixture and artwork above the headboard. The headboard is more formal that what I'm looking for, but I still like the overall feel of this room.



Like these colors - the rich brown wood, artwork and wicker chair with the light walls, lamp and bedspread is really nice.

Elizabeth Martin via The Newlywed Diaries

 LOVE this bedspread. I like that this bedroom is a little bit funky with some brighter colors, but also some neutral colors to balance it out. I think the pillowcase that is knitted gives some nice texture to the room, and I dig those two bird drawings up on the wall!

Donna Griffith for Style At Home via The Newlywed Diaries


The yellow in this room is a bit too bright for me, to qualify for the relaxing vibe we're going for in our bedroom. However, I do love the brick wall behind the bed (we don't have that, but it's still pretty), along with the softer colored curtains and bed skirt.

Domino

Have you guys found any bedroom inspiration you really love lately?  Any thoughts on the above ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment